607 apartments for rent in Norfolk, VA
Guide to Norfolk
Norfolk Apartments For Rent
Founded in 1682, Norfolk has a unique position in history as a vital seaport. Located on the Chesapeake Bay with the Elizabeth River meandering through it, Norfolk represents all things nautical, from its waterfront downtown to the largest naval base in the world.
Norfolk Naval Base was established in 1917 on the Jamestown Exposition site of 1907. As the world’s largest naval base, this base is home to 75 ships, 134 aircraft, and the largest concentration of naval forces.
While Norfolk is a nautical city, it has much to offer on land, as well. Old Dominion University is a top-ranking university established in 1930. The Chrysler Museum of Art is one of the best museums in the state. Established in 1933, it contains over 30,000 objects representing over 5,000 years. Nauticus is a maritime museum that includes the Battleship Wisconsin and a re-creation of the schooner Virginia.
Nearby Zip Codes
Nearby Colleges & Universities
- Tidewater Community College
- Eastern Virginia Med School
- Norfolk State University
- Old Dominion University
- ITT Technical Institute Norfolk
Nearby Military Bases
- US Naval Saint Helena Annex
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard
- U South Coast Guard Station
- Norfolk Naval Air Station
- Norfolk Naval Aviation Depot
- The historic Attucks Theatre, a national landmark built in 1919, is home to live performances.
- Shops and restaurants line the old-fashioned Main Street as well as the pedestrian-friendly waterfront.
- Norfolk is home to Old Dominion University, East Virginia Medical School, and Norfolk State University.
- Historic sites include Fort Norfolk, the only remaining harbor-front fort authorized in 1794.
- The historic Freemason district contains cobblestone streets and Victorian architecture dating to the 1800s.
- The beautiful Norfolk Botanical Garden contains over 30 gardens and the region’s largest collection of camellias.