2,346 apartments for rent in Oakland, CA
Guide to Oakland
Oakland Apartments For Rent
Located on the San Francisco Bay across from the famous Golden Gate Bridge, Oakland’s humble beginnings as an agricultural region in the mid-1800s have given way to a bustling city, the eighth largest in California. Oakland is a major port and the county seat for Alameda County. Oakland is home to business and industry, beautiful hills, wineries, and several farmers’ markets.
Getting around Oakland is easy – this pedestrian-friendly city is served by the Bay Area Rapid Transit system, or BART. Home to amazing parks – such as the stunning Redwood Regional Park – outdoor activities, such as hiking and camping, are abundant. Sports fans can cheer the MLB Oakland A’s or the NFL’s Oakland Raiders.
Nearby Zip Codes
Nearby Colleges & Universities
- Academy of Chinese Culture-Health
- Lincoln University
- Laney College
- College of Alameda
- California College of Podiatric Medicine
Nearby Military Bases
- Oakland/Us Naval Supply Center
- Oakland Army Base
- Alameda/Us Naval Air Station Alameda
- Alameda/Us Naval Air Station San Francisco
- Treasure Island Naval Station
- The Oakland Zoo, located in Knowland Park, contains nearly 700 animals.
- Catching rainbow trout in Redwood Creek surrounded by a vast forest of Sequoias.
- The beautiful Camron-Stanford House is an elegant Victorian mansion and a museum.
- Spending the afternoon at Jack London Square, home to restaurants, shops, and the Jack London Market.
- The Oakland Museum is an impressive 300,000 square feet and contains an extensive art collection.
- Oakland is home to Peralta Community College and California College of the Arts.