263 apartments for rent in Asheville, NC
Guide to Asheville
Asheville Apartments For Rent
Sheltered by the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville has inspired imagination and awe since it was a humble outpost in the late 1700s. In hills that echo history and legend, Asheville grew into a popular mountain retreat in the late 1800s. One of the men drawn by its beauty, George W. Vanderbilt, purchased 120,000 acres in the late 1880s to build the Biltmore Estate. This stunning landmark is a favorite among residents and visitors for its amazing house, gardens, and exciting festivals and events, including the Festival of Flowers.
Downtown Asheville is an elegant step back in time. From the Great Depression through the 1980s, growth in Asheville was slow, so most of the downtown buildings remained untouched. Because they have not been altered, downtown Asheville has one of the best collections of Art Deco architecture in the country. Go window-shopping here and it is easy to imagine life in the roaring 20s.
Art and beauty are a part of life in Asheville, from the architecture to the landscape. The Blue Ridge Parkway is perfect for a picturesque afternoon drive, and for the more adventurous, white-water rafting, mountain climbing, hiking, horseback riding, and skiing are all favorite pastimes. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most visited national park in the US, offers scenic overlooks, waterfalls, fishing, camping, and wildlife viewing.
- Chestnut Hills
- Downtown Ashville
- Charlotte Street
- Historic Montford
- Albemarle Park
- East End - Valley Street
- Norwood Park
- Lee Walker Heights
- South French Broad
Nearby Zip Codes
Nearby Colleges & Universities
- Asheville-Buncombe Tech Cc
- Warren Wilson College
- University of North Carolina Asheville
- South College Asheville
- Montreat College
- Brew: Asheville has been voted “Beer City USA.” Come explore Asheville’s nine breweries — and its brew pubs!
- Tour: Gorgeous and historic homes and buildings in Asheville include the Thomas Wolfe Memorial State Historic Site.
- Play: Fun is everywhere in Asheville. Enjoy art shows, HATCH Asheville, and the Mountain Sports Festival.
- Live: As one of the world’s must-see destinations, life in Asheville is filled with fun, beauty, and a strong economy.
- Discover: Waterfalls, historic sites, Sliding Rock, boutiques, art galleries, wineries, outdoor markets, and beautiful gardens.
- Explore: Chimney Rock State Park, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, Ghost tours, zip lines, hot-air balloons, and ski resorts.