245 apartments for rent in Charleston, SC
Guide to Charleston
Charleston Apartments For Rent
From the Historic Downtown District to the South Carolina coast, Charleston is a city that stands as a cultural capital for the South. Beautifully preserved, Charleston retains much of its 18th century charm in its architecture. The sheer volume of historic sites in Charleston is astonishing. But it’s also a city that enjoys what the future has to offer. Whether you love performing arts, ghost tours or kayaking the open ocean via GPS, apartments for rent in Charleston can be found close to all the city’s amenities.
Many apartments for rent in Charleston are located right in the heart of the city’s historic district, or on one of the several surrounding suburbs – some of which are located on their own island communities.
- French Quarter
- Upper Concord Street
- Harleston Village
- East Side
- Hampton Park Terrace
- East Central
Nearby Zip Codes
Nearby Colleges & Universities
- Trident Technical College
- Medical University of South Carolina
- College of Charleston
- Grad School of College of Charleston
- Citadel Military College of SC
Nearby Military Bases
- Charleston Coast Guard Station
- Charleston Naval Base
- Charleston Air Force Base
- Charleston Naval Weapons Station
- Enjoying the charm and history of locations such as Fort Sumter, Fort Moultrie, and Colonial Dorchester.
- Elegant, historic plantation homes such as Boone Hall, built in 1743, and Middleton Place House Museum, first built in 1705.
- The Old City Market, built in 1841, still features hand-woven baskets in addition to antiques, a flea market, shops, and restaurants.
- Catching a live performance at the historic Dock Street Theatre, which first opened in 1736.
- The oldest building in the Carolinas, the Powder Magazine, was completed in 1712 and is a National Historic Landmark.
- In addition to amazing history, Charleston features beautiful beaches, sailing, marinas, water parks, and canoeing.