Apartment Finder is best viewed using the latest browsers. Please upgrade for the best experience.
Reset Filters
20 apartments found

Oakdale South Apartments for Rent

(hide neighborhood information)

A culturally diverse community in Mecklenburg County, Oakdale South residents live in a suburban neighborhood with all the conveniences of having a large urban area nearby. Located less than 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte, area commuters gain easy access to the city via a direct route on Brookshire Boulevard/Highway 16.

For those interested in moving to Oakdale South, the West Charlotte neighborhood features a wide array of housing. New single family homes, modest to upscale apartments, renovated newer properties, and a host of residential units are available.

The Oakdale South neighborhood is part of a larger community known by locals as Shuffletown. A revamped former drag race venue, Suffletown Dragway is currently home to a popular dog park. Situated just outside Brookshire Boulevard heading southeast to Charlotte, Shuffletown Dog Park is a hotspot for canines and their owners. The park has bags for cleanup and several watering spots. Benches, shade, and drinking water are available in the 4 acre, no-leash park. A wooded area, a gravel road, and a separate space for small dogs are popular with visitors.

Brookshire Boulevard/Highway 16 provides the border to the south and west of the neighborhood. The boundary on the community’s opposite side is Pleasant Grove Road.

Families moving to the Oakdale South community are served by the public school system of Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools. Schools are assigned according to the student’s home address. The district’s highly competitive admission for magnet schools requires written application at an early deadline. All qualifying applications are processed through a random selection system. Winning applicants are then awarded enrollment to a magnet school.

The zip code for the neighborhood is 28216.

Back to Top
Show More Apartments
Visit our mobile website? Yes No