576 apartments for rent in Visalia, CA
Guide to Visalia
Visalia Apartments For Rent
At the doorstep of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the San Joaquin Valley, Visalia is the oldest inland settlement in the region. This agricultural hub is referred to as the “Gateway to the Sequoias” because of its proximity to Sequoia National Park. The park contains the giant sequoias, some of the largest trees on earth. The park includes the Giant Forest, home to over 40 miles of hiking trails and some of the largest trees on the planet, including the General Sherman Tree — one of the tallest, widest, and longest-lived trees on earth.
Add amazing weather year-round to a stunning landscape and it’s no surprise that residents of Visalia enjoy an outdoorsy lifestyle. Mount Whitney, the highest point in the US, is a stunning granite peak. The Mount Whitney Trail leads hikers to the apex of the mountain; this 22-mile hike typically takes two days. The Mountaineer’s Route is a scramble, or climb that uses both feet and hands. Technical climbs, those considered class 4 and 5, can be tackled on the East Face route.
Visalia features a stunning downtown with the Sierra Nevada Mountains an impressive background. Garden Street Plaza offers free concerts, while restaurants, shops, and nightclubs line the pedestrian-friendly downtown streets. The historic Fox Theatre provides live entertainment, and a farmer’s market is available during spring, summer, and fall months.
Renters of apartments in Visalia will have endless opportunities, from major employers in health, agriculture, and industry to great baseball at the Visalia Convention Center. Events held in Visalia include the Amgen Tour, the country’s largest professional bicycle race.
Nearby Zip Codes
Nearby Colleges & Universities
- College of Sequoias
- San Joaquin Valley College
- Reedley College
- Porterville College
- Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary
Nearby Military Bases
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks offer year-round adventures, from snow sports to cave tours.
- Sierra Summit Mountain Resort features 45 trails for skiing and snowboarding, plus a tubing hill.
- Lake Kaweah is ideal for sailing, boating, water skiing, jet skiing, swimming, fishing, and camping.
- Downtown Visalia’s events include a wine and cheese walk, Downtown Expo, and Blues Brews & BBQ.
- College of the Sequoias, a two-year community college, was established in 1926 and offers several programs.
- A self-guided walking tour of historic downtown Visalia takes visitors past historic buildings, horse rings, and more.
Roadway leading to Sequoia National Park
Gelyngfjell | Dreamstime.com
Hiking Trail through the Sequoias
Oleksandr Buzko | Dreamstime.com
Waterfall in Sequoia National Park
Fernley | Dreamstime.com
Giant Sequoias at Sunset
Judyt | Dreamstime.com
Matt Pcion | Dreamstime.com
Radkol | Dreamstime.com