284 apartments for rent near Moncks Corner, SC
Apartments in Moncks Corner, SC
First settled in 1728 as a trading post, the town of Moncks Corner has a rich and diverse history. Located in Berkeley County, it is less than 30 minutes from Charleston. This centrally-located town offers a wide variety of parks and things to do, while busy downtown Charleston is still within reach.
The Train Depot and Gift Shop offers information about the area and art pieces from local artists. Old Santee Canal Park is home to the Santee Canal, the first summit canal. It began operating in 1800 and was considered a major engineering achievement. Cypress Gardens offers swamp boat rides and 3.5 miles of nature trails.
The town of Moncks Corner has been drawing newcomers since the French Protestant Huguenots came to the area during Colonial times. Today, this quiet town is still a popular place for those looking to rent apartments near Charleston.
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Trident Technical College
- Williamsburg Technical College
- Charleston Southern University
- Miller-Motte Technical College
- Charleston Naval Weapons Station
- Charleston Air Force Base
- Charleston Naval Base
- Charleston Coast Guard Station