2,075 apartments for rent near Downingtown, PA
Apartments in Downingtown, PA
With humble beginnings as a mill town in the 1700s, Downingtown, Pennsylvania is a thriving borough in Chester County. Historical buildings still dot the area, including a grist mill dating from 1739.
Downingtown is located 33 miles west of Philadelphia and 33 miles east of Lancaster, putting it right in the middle of two major metro areas. But with a strong business community of its own, it is possible to live, work, and play in Downingtown.
There are several local parks, including Kerr Park by Brandywine Creek; The Ponds, a 12-acre park with four lakes; and an All-Abilities Playground. Marsh Creek State Park sits eight miles north and is 1,705 acres on 535-acre Marsh Creek Lake. Seven acres of slopes for sledding and tobogganing in the winter, bridle trails, a swimming pool, and 900 acres open for hunting make this a year-round hotspot.
Renting an apartment in Downingtown puts you in the middle of urban downtowns, parks, and history.
- West Brandywine
- West Chester
- Chadds Ford
- Kennett Square
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Immaculata University
- Penn State Great Valley
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
- Valley Forge Christian College
- Defense Personnel Support Center
- Philadelphia Naval Busi Center
- Naval Inventory Control Point Philadelphia
- Willow Grove Naval Air Station
- Willow Grove Air Force Reserve Station