1,595 apartments for rent in Allentown, PA
Guide to Allentown
Allentown Apartments For Rent
With its gorgeous historic districts and ideal location just 60 miles north of Philadelphia and 90 miles west of New York City, Allentown is located in the Lehigh Valley and is one of the fastest-growing cities in Pennsylvania.
With history dating back to 1762, Allentown has three National Historic Districts and several historic sites. Enjoy the beauty of West Park’s extensive collection of trees and shrubs or stroll through the streets of Old Allentown, which dates to 1762. Marvel at the curvy Victorian architecture present in Old Fairgrounds. Visit the Liberty Bell Museum, located at the exact location where the Liberty Bell was hidden from the British during the Revolutionary War.
Although the architecture in itself is a marvel, there are many fine arts locations in Allentown to enjoy. Catch a performance at the historic Allentown Symphony Hall or visit the Allentown Art Museum, a major art institution with over 13,000 works of art.
Nearby Zip Codes
Nearby Colleges & Universities
- Information Computer Systems Institute
- Cedar Crest College
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Muhlenberg College
- Moravian College
Nearby Military Bases
- Willow Grove Air Force Reserve Station
- Willow Grove Naval Air Station
- Naval Air Development Center
- Tobyhanna Army Depot
- Naval Inventory Control Point Philadelphia
- Trout Hall, the oldest house in Allentown, was built in 1770 and currently serves as a house museum.
- The curvy Albertus Meyers Bridge was constructed in 1912 for streetcars and its massive arches are an Allentown landmark.
- Great German food can be found everywhere in Allentown, from restaurants to the Allentown Farmer’s Market.
- Amazing festivals include the Great Allentown Fair, the Mayfair Festival of the Arts, and Sportsfest.
- College students can choose from two four-year institutions in Allentown, Cedar Crest College and Muhlenberg College.
- Educational fun for the whole family can be found at the Baum School of Art and the Da Vinci Science Center.