381 apartments for rent near Lockport, NY
Apartments in Lockport, NY
As historic as it is picturesque, the city of Lockport, New York is a popular tourist location as well as a popular destination for new residents looking for rental apartments near Buffalo.
Situated 30 minutes from Niagara Falls and Buffalo, Lockport is named from the Erie Canal locks within the city. The locks were completed in 1825, a year after the building of the Erie Canal reached Lockport. Today, this historic city has much to offer visitors and residents alike.
Lockport Locks and Erie Canal Cruises offers a unique two-hour cruise that includes locking through and being raised 49 feet to the Niagara escarpment.
The Lockport Cave and Underground Boat Ride allows visitors to take an underground boat ride through geologic cave formations.
Other popular spots include the Erie Canal Discovery Center, a state-of-the-art interpretive center, the Lockport Canal Museum, and many other interesting and historic sites. With so much to do and see, this is a great location for apartment hunters.
- Niagara Cty Community College
- Bryant & Stratton Business Institute Amherst
- ITT Technical Institute Getzville
- Suny University at Buffalo
- Erie Community College North
- Niagara Falls Air Force Reserve
- New York Air National Guard
- US Military Reservation Niagara
- Youngstown NY National Guard