285 apartments for rent near Lewiston, NY
Apartments in Lewiston, NY
Lewiston, New York is a place of firsts: the first European settlement in Western New York, the staging area for the first major battle in the War of 1812, and the site of the first cocktail.
This is the birthplace of Niagara Falls 12,000 years ago. Over time, the power of the Falls caused it to erode through 7 miles of rock to its present location. The path of the Falls can be traced through the Niagara Gorge, which begins in Lewiston.
Located just minutes from the Canadian border, Lewiston was the last stop of the Underground Railroad. One of the churches used is now the Lewiston Museum.
The cocktail originated here in the early 1800s at the Hustler’s Tavern. The owner, Catherine Hustler, invented the popular drink.
With such a colorful and diverse history, Lewiston continues to draw new residents. Situated between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, Niagara Falls and Buffalo, it is easy to see why apartment hunting here is a popular activity.
- Niagara University
- Niagara Cty Community College
- Bryant & Stratton Business Institute Amherst
- ITT Technical Institute Getzville
- Suny University at Buffalo
- Youngstown NY National Guard
- New York Air National Guard
- Niagara Falls Air Force Reserve
- US Military Reservation Niagara