333 apartments for rent in Guilderland Center, NY
Guilderland Center is a small hamlet in the heart of Guilderland, an eastern New York city located between Albany and Schenectady. Guilderland Center is situated along Black Creek and was settled in the 1790s.
The hamlet developed around several mills build in the 1790s and the area was called French’s Hollow. When the Black Creek was dammed, the mills were destroyed. The hamlet became known as Guilderland Center in 1803, after the town of Guilderland was formed.
Guilderland Center includes District Number 6 Cobblestone School, which was built in 1860. The building, no longer in use, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Other buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places include St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, built in 1872 and located on Main Street.