430 apartments for rent near Gretna, LA
Apartments in Gretna, LA
Gretna, Louisiana was founded in 1836. The small city, located on the west bank of the Mississippi River three miles south of New Orleans, is the parish seat of Jefferson Parish. Residents of Gretna enjoy a family-oriented community in a picturesque setting.
Two historic districts include Historic Gretna and McDonoghville. Downtown Gretna is host to several events, such as the annual Heritage Festival, held the first weekend in October with live music, food, and more. The Gretna Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday morning with local produce, homemade items, and baked goods for sale. Other annual events include an Art Walk, held the second Saturday from September to May, Gretna Pawdi Gras Parade, for pets and their owners, and Gretna Goblin Night.
Home to over 900 businesses, Gretna residents have many opportunities available to them. Rental apartments give new residents access to history, family-friendly communities, and nearby New Orleans.
- St. Thomas Development Neighborhood
- Lower Garden District
- Irish Channel
- Garden District
- Tall Timbers - Brechtel
- Algiers Point
- Central Business District
- Central City
- Gretna Career College
- Metropolitan Community College
- School Urban Missions New Orleans
- Lsu Health Science Center
- La Tech College West Jefferson
- Camp Villere National Guard Center
- US Naval Reserve Training Center
- New Orleans Naval Support
- New Orleans Naval Air Station
- United States Army Reserve