910 apartments for rent near Skokie, IL
Apartments in Skokie, IL
The village of Skokie isn’t a small, quiet suburb – it claims it is the “World’s Largest Village,” and it definitely has more of an urban feel. Skokie is located north of Chicago, and the Chicago Transit Authority’s Oakton Station serves Skokie. The village has a vibrant, busy downtown filled with shops and restaurants, as well as a large parks system that includes a sculpture garden.
If you can’t decide whether to rent an apartment in Chicago or one if its many suburbs, Skokie may be the ideal location. Take the train into the city, or stay closer to home and enjoy Skokie’s North Shore Center for the Performing Arts and the Skokie Valley Symphony Orchestra. For those who choose not to commute, Skokie has several major employers, including Pfizer, Anixter, Skokie Hospital, and Woodward-MPC Airframe Systems.
- Knowledge Systems Institute
- Hebrew Theological College
- Jewish University of America
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- Seabury-Western Theological Seminary
- O'hare Air Force Base & Air National Guard
- US Military Reservation Elk Grove
- U.S. Military Reservation
- Great Lakes Naval Training Center
- US Military Reservation Naperville