300 apartments for rent in Danville, IL
Guide to Danville
Danville Apartments For Rent
Danville is a cozy Midwestern city located in East Central Illinois, near the Indiana border. Founded in 1827, Danville became vital in both the coal and railroad industries. Today, Danville’s charms continue to bring new residents who love the ideal location near many Midwest attractions.
With plenty of state parks and endless outdoor recreation, Danville is a great place to enjoy the many lakes – fishing and boating in summer and ice fishing in the winter. Other activities include hiking, hunting, and cross-country skiing.
Classic Americana is alive and well in downtown Danville, from the festivals and events that include art shows, a farmer’s market, parades, and festivals to the elegant architecture and tree-lined streets.
Nearby Zip Codes
Nearby Colleges & Universities
- Danville Area Community College
- Lakeview College of Nursing
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Parkland College
- 17 city parks that include the Harrison Park Golf Course and the 5-acre, double-gated-entry Fetch Dog Park.
- Kickapoo State Recreation Area features 35 miles of hiking trails and over 200 acres of ponds and lakes.
- Historic sites include Vermilion County War Museum, Fischer Theatre, and the Stone Arch Bridge.
- An ideal location, Danville is a short drive to Chicago, St. Louis, Champaign-Urbana, and Indianapolis.
- Founded in 1827, Danville is the county seat of Vermilion County and is the 14th largest city in Illinois.
- Beautiful Lake Vermilion, a 3-mile-long lake, is ideal for fishing with bass, walleye, crappie, and catfish.