876 apartments for rent near Chicago Heights, IL
Apartments in Chicago Heights, IL
Situated about 30 miles south of downtown Chicago, the city of Chicago Heights is a busy suburban community that was settled in 1833. It is located along Thorn Creek, a narrow creek with several deep ravines and valleys. Sauk Lake is formed by the creek and is a popular fishing destination. The lake is part of the Sauk Trail Woods Forest Preserve, which includes several miles of paved bike trails and off-trail unpaved paths.
Chicago Heights is home to more than 25 parks with features that include ball fields, horse shoe pits, ice rinks, playgrounds, picnic areas and shelters, spray pools, and tennis courts. The Chicago Heights Park District also includes two municipal golf courses. If you want to rent an apartment near Chicago with access to the city as well as Lake Michigan, then rent an apartment in Chicago Heights and enjoy being close to everything.
- Prairie State College
- Governors State University
- ITT Technical Institute Matteson
- South Suburban College
- Westwood College Chicago River Oaks
- U.S. Military Reservation
- O'hare Air Force Base & Air National Guard
- Fermi National Accelerator Lab Winfield
- Fermi National Accelerator Lab Batavia
- US Military Reservation Naperville