149 apartments for rent near Port Wentworth, GA
Apartments in Port Wentworth, GA
The small city of Port Wentworth, Georgia is located in Chatham County seven miles north of Savannah. A popular Savannah suburb, Port Wentworth offers historical neighborhoods and a coastal environment. Located on the Savannah River, this historical city was founded in 1733.
Port Wentworth’s great location between Savannah ports, I-95 and I-16, major railroads, and the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport makes it a popular destination for new businesses. Its proximity to popular beaches, Tybee Island, Hilton Head, and nearby colleges and universities makes Port Wentworth a desirable place for new residents looking for rental apartments.
Local industries include lumber, railroad, ship building, sugar refineries, and brick kilns that produce “Savannah Gray Brick.”
Port Wentworth hosts many annual festivities, including the annual Collard Greens Festival, featuring a parade, collards ‘n’ cornbread cook-off, games, and more.
If a coastal Southern town is drawing you, check out the apartments for rent in Port Wentworth.
- Savannah Technical College
- Savannah State University
- Savannah College of Art & Design
- Armstrong Atlantic State University
- South University
- Hunter Army Airfield
- Fort Stewart Military Reservation
- Fort Stewart Military Reservation Hinesville
- Fort Stewart Military Reservation Claxton
- Fort Stewart Military Reservation Ludowici