3,852 apartments for rent near Tarzana, CA
Apartments in Tarzana, CA
One of the oldest communities in the San Fernando Valley, Tarzana began as the San Fernando Mission founded by Franciscan Friars in the 1770s. During the late 1800s it became part of a vast wheat field. In 1919, Edgar Rice Burroughs, author of over 90 books including the Tarzan stories, purchased a local ranch and named it Tarzana.
Tarzana is located 21 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 19 miles northeast of Malibu. Tarzana’s apartment rentals are mainly located north of Ventura Boulevard. The area toward the south contains gated communities where many celebrities live.
Topanga Beach is 15 miles south of Tarzana, separated from Tarzana by Topanga State Park. Topanga State Park is a popular park with fantastic Pacific Coast views. The 36 miles of trails are popular for horseback riding, hiking, and biking.
Bordered by the Santa Monica Mountains, the bedroom community of Tarzana is a beautiful apartment renting location.
- Columbia College Hollywood
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Phillips Graduate Institute
- California National University
- Devry University West Hills
- Los Angeles Air Force Base
- National Guard Armory South Bay Cities
- Naval Reservation
- California Air National Guard
- Point Mugu Naval Air Station