4,675 apartments for rent near Rowland Heights, CA
Apartments in Rowland Heights, CA
In the San Gabriel Valley at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains, the unincorporated community of Rowland Heights sits just 21 miles west of Los Angeles and 35 miles to the West Coast beaches, making this an unbeatable location for renting an apartment.
Whether you like to snow ski, hike, beach comb, or surf, living in Rowland Heights gives you access to all types of outdoor recreation. With Los Angeles a short Metrolink ride away, celebrity-spotting, shopping, and entertainment are also great pastimes.
Named for John Rowland, who settled the area in 1842, Rowland Heights was once orange groves and a pig farm. Today, it is a busy community with several shopping areas, restaurants, and small businesses.
With gorgeous mountain peaks framing a quaint, diverse community, Rowland Heights apartment rentals are close to the glitz and glamour of LA but far enough away to be a quieter, more peaceful place to call home.
- Hope International University
- Southern California College of Optometry
- Western State University College of Law
- Cal State University Fullerton
- Bryman College City of Industry
- Los Alamitos Army Airfield
- US Naval Weapons Station
- Tustin Marine Corps Air Station
- US Naval Weapons Center
- National Guard Armory Site