Belview Heights Apartments for Rent
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in June 2000, Birmingham’s Belview Heights came about during the 1910s. Originally, the neighborhood was developed for prominent employees of U.S. Steel. The structures in the neighborhood today are a mixture of Tudor Revival, Spanish Revival, Bungalow, and Minimal Traditional construction, and many can be dated back to the beginnings of the Belview Heights neighborhood.
Belview Heights is roughly bounded by 40th Street to the north and Bessemer Road on its east-southeastern side. The triangular-shaped community extends south to just past 61st Street West, while Avenue H roughly makes up the western boundary.
This large neighborhood is home to various historic structures. Among them is Birmingham Fire and Rescue Station No. 24, which has been a prominent feature of Belview Heights since 1924. Many of the homes built after 1924 were modeled after this Tudor Revival-styled fire station.
To fulfill the educational needs of Belview Heights residents, Miles College is near the southwestern edge of the neighborhood, and Fairfield High School is close to the northwestern boundary. Brown Elementary sits in the heart of the community. Green Acres Middle School is approximately one mile to the south.
Several public parks surround Belview Heights. Fairfield City Park to the west and Central Park to the east are each less than a mile away. Approximately a mile to the north is Ensley Park, and just over a mile to the northeast are Highlands Park and Fairview Park. The large Ensley facility provides sidewalks for walking, various athletic fields, and a recreation center.