942 apartments for rent near Stafford, VA
Apartments in Stafford, VA
Stafford Virginia, located over the Rappahannock River south of Fredericksburg, is 25 miles south of Washington D.C. and fifty miles north of Richmond. It is near Quantico Marine Base and the Naval Surface Warfare Center. Centrally located, travel is even easier thanks to Amtrak, VRE, Metro, the Fred Bus Line, and Stafford Regional Airport.
Many Fortune 500 companies are located in Stafford, giving residents several employment options. Stafford, founded in 1664, has several historic sites that draw thousands of tourists to the area each year. George Washington’s home is located at Ferry Farms. Chatham Heights Manor, Stafford Civil War Park, and the White Oak Museum are all popular destinations, as well.
Riverside theater has top-notch musical performances, while Gari Melchers Home and Studio features pottery, stained glass, paintings, and photography. There are also local wine and beer festivals, civil war encampments, and arts and craft shows. Home to over 1,000 acres of county, regional, state, and national parks, Stafford County is 65 percent forested, giving those who live here ample opportunity for outdoor adventures.
- Itttechnical Institute Springfield
- University of Northern Virginia
- George Mason University
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Tesst College of Technology
- Quantico Marine Corps Base Griffis
- Quantico Marine Corps Base Cedar Run
- Quantico Marine Corps Base Dumfries
- Naval Surface Weapons Center
- Fort A P Hill Military Reserve Port Royal