2,248 apartments for rent near Lafayette Hill, PA
Apartments in Lafayette Hill, PA
Small and exclusive, Lafayette Hill is an unincorporated community in Whitemarsh Township, Pennsylvania, just 18 miles north of Philadelphia. Whitemarsh Township was included in the original 28 communities of Montgomery County when it was established in 1784.
Part of Lafayette Hill’s rich history involves its name. Originally known as Marble Hill because of the marble quarries that developed along Germantown Pike, the name was changed in 1883 to honor General Lafayette, who established an outpost here in 1778.
Fort Washington State Park, a historical park named for the temporary fort built on the site during the American Revolution in 1777, is 483-acres. It offers fishing, disc golf, hiking, sledding, and more. In addition, the Green Ribbon Trail is a 2.5-mile multi-use trail that extends along Wissahickon Creek.
A quiet community with good schools, several golf clubs, and a rich history make Lafayette Hill a dynamic apartment renting location.
- Plymouth Meeting
- Blue Bell
- Fort Washington
- Penn Valley
- Chestnut Hill College
- Westminster Theological Seminary
- Devry University Fort Washington
- Lutheran Theological Seminary Philadelph
- Antonelli Institute
- Defense Personnel Support Center
- Naval Air Development Center
- Willow Grove Air Force Reserve Station
- Naval Inventory Control Point Philadelphia
- Willow Grove Naval Air Station