Favorites Updated
Clear All Apply

Somerset Apartments for Rent

Cedar Manor
Somerset, NJ 08873
$2,125 - $2,795
2 - 3 Beds
Georgetown
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
$1,095 - $1,395
1 - 2 Beds
The Vue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
$2,470 - $3,250
1 - 2 Beds
Newly Reduced Rents!
Skyline Tower
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
$1,575 - $2,965
1 - 2 Beds
Newly Reduced Rents! * A 40-Minute Commute to NYC! Walk to New...
Riverwatch Commons
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
$1,300 - $1,825
Studio - 2 Beds
Plaza Square Apartments
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
$1,628 - $2,910
1 - 3 Beds
Furnished Studio - Somerset - Fr...
East Millstone, NJ 08873
From $1,944
1 Bed
Short-Term
Hidden Lake
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
$1,320 - $2,160
1 - 2 Beds
Gardens at Raritan
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
$945 - $1,395
Studio - 2 Beds
From $1,912
1 Bed
Short-Term
+ 10 of 3112 apartments found. View all Somerset area apartments.

With a history dating back to colonial times, Somerset County has been drawing new settlers for well over 300 years. The community of Somerset, located in Franklin Township, is a fast-growing suburban community in a county that ranks as one of the wealthiest in New Jersey. Somerset is located between Piscataway Township and New Brunswick, just across the Raritan River from the Rutgers University campus. Apartments in Somerset will give you access to the shops, parks, restaurants, and golf courses that make Somerset one of New Jersey’s most desirable communities.

Somerset gained fame in the early 1900s when it was the location of a radio transmitter facility, Marconi Station. It was at this station that President Woodrow Wilson delivered his Fourteen Points speech in 1918. In 1952, the antenna masts were demolished. The buildings were demolished in 2004.

Historic locations that remain in Somerset include the Blackwells Mills Canal House, which was built around 1835. Now a state and national historic site, the house hosts craft shows, art exhibits, antique shows, and other events throughout the year. The Franklin Inn was a Dutch farmhouse built in 1752. It served as the headquarters for British General Cornwallis during the American Revolution, and was converted into a tavern in 1834. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is part of the East Millstone Historic District.