Welsh and English farmers arrived in this area of Burlington County in 1676 and established one of the original 13 townships in the county, called Evesham, in 1692. In the early 19th century, a type of green clay was discovered in the soil called “Marl.” Soon after, Evesham was often referred to as Marlton.
Marlton, an area within Evesham, is located just 14 miles east of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It offers several community parks and Indian Spring Golf Club, a public, 18-hole course.
The historic village of Olde Marlton remains mostly intact and is a great place for sight-seeing and shopping. Located minutes from downtown Philadelphia, the art, museums, history, shopping, and nightlife are all easily accessible by major highways and public transportation.
With quiet neighborhoods, good schools, and several community programs, renting an apartment in Marlton gives new residents plenty of options for work and play.